The retail landscape is always evolving, but the past year has seen unprecedented change as a result of COVID-19. As people start to venture out again, how can brick-and-mortar stores prepare themselves for the future and continue to offer advantages over shopping online?
The good news, over 46% of consumers still enjoy the experience of shopping in person. Innovation in retail design can continue to help retailers and restaurants alike stand out and successfully attract more customers.
Here are top millwork design trends that can expand the retail experience:
1. Building an Immersive Shopping & Dining Experience
Shopping and dining are no longer just about purchasing a product or enjoying a meal. Instead, guests are now seeking immersive ‘retail entertainment’ when assessing their next destination.
We can do this by incorporating:
- Themed custom seating booths, furnishings, elements like detailed decorative paneling can help transport customers to another era, fictional world, or location for an immersive dining experience.
- Customized display cases, signage, and in-store fixtures to create an effective brand environment – from luxurious shopping to a technology-driven guest experience.
- Custom-built “build your product” counters – allowing customers to bring their vision to life.
2. Customizing Millwork Designs to Elevate Brand Storytelling
Custom millwork is a key contributor to creating a tangible brand experience within the retail and restaurant environments.
Customized in-store millwork design can help assist by creating:
- A custom gallery wall to showcase business milestones
- A display case for an interactive browsing experience that gives consumers a better understanding of the product or service they are purchasing.
- Dedicated spaces for in-store branded community events
Interested in Enhancing the Experience Within Your Store or Restaurant?
Our in-house millwork experts at Showbest have years of experience with retail stores, restaurants, and F&B outlets across the country to achieve their one-of-a-kind customer experience with custom millwork and fixtures.
If you’re ready to take on a millwork project of your own, check out some of our case studies below, and contact us to get started.